Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have a full bus or can I book a small group?
You can absolutely book a small group of 2 or more people and we can group you with others! However, if we don’t have enough patrons to run the tour, we reserve the right to contact you in advance and refund or reschedule your tour. We will do everything possible to provide you with a memorable experience!
How many breweries will I visit?
Each tour will visit 4 different breweries. Tours run seven days a week. If you don’t see a tour and you want to take a tour. let us know, we can build a tour just for you (based on availability of breweries and their hours).
Where do I meet the bus?
The bus pick up at several locations, you select your pickup location when booking the tour. The pickup time for your slected location will be provided 24- 48 hours before you tour departs. Due to travel times some pickup times may be 30 – 45 minutes before the first brewery stop. Because we are on a tight schedule the bus will not be able to wait for late arrivals. Don’t see a convenient pickup location contact us we’ll do our best to find a convenient location.
Are the breweries the same for each tour?
No, we like to keep it fresh and support all our local brewer’s. All the breweries we visit offers a unique varieties of tasty craft beers. We’ve taste-tested them all!
How long does the tour last?
Tours typically last 4-1/2 to 5 hours. If it is the last tour of the day, at the driver’s discretion, your tour can be extended at an hourly rate of $100.00
Do I have to be 21 to take the tour?
Due to Indiana State Law, persons must be 21 or older to enter the breweries; therefore, you must be 21 to take a tour on the Illiana Brew Bus.
Can I bring my empty growler from home to refill?
Absolutely- we encourage it! As a matter of fact, if you decide to purchase a growler from one of our stops, we have coolers on the bus to keep it cold!
What is a “growler” ?
A growler is a glass jug that typically carries a half-gallon of fresh beer. Growlers are filled straight from the tap and are sealed with a twist-cap. Once you purchase your initial glass growler, the refill cost is usually significantly less. Most breweries will fill growlers from other establishments. However, they may place a sticker from the brewery on the glass. Most breweries offer a smaller container, called a bullet, as well. Beer typically stays fresh for one week after the fill date. I f you purchase the growler or the bullet, you cannot consume it at the brewery. These sales are considered “take out.”
Can I bring my own alcohol on board?
The only alcohol that is permitted on the bus is beer purchased at the breweries.
Is there food on the bus?
Light snacks will be available on the bus. Many of our local breweries also have food available for purchase. We don’t recommend drinking on an empty stomach.
Is there water available on the bus?
Yes, bottled water is provided as a part of your tour complimentary!
Do you accept walk-ups, or do you have to reserve a ticket online?
Yes! However, walk-ups must pay in cash and must have exact change. At this time, Illiana Brew Bus does not accept credit cards for walk-ups.
What is your return/refund policy?
All cancellations must be made 15 days in advance of your scheduled tour. Please contact us at email@example.com to cancel. If you notify us with at least 15 days notice, you will be given either a full refund or you can select an alternate date.
What if I’m the only one who books a ticket?
We reserve the right to cancel a tour if less than six (6) people have booked 24 hours prior to your tour. At that time, you will be refunded your money or you can select an alternate tour date.
What is your weather policy?
The Illiana Brew Bus will run rain or shine! The only reason a tour may be cancelled is if the area is under a Weather Warning or at the discretion of the owners if conditions are deemed unsafe to travel. Either way, you will be contacted prior to your tour for rescheduling.
Is Illiana Brew Bus wheelchair accessible?
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs on the bus.
What if people get too intoxicated or unruly?
Illiana Brew Bus and its’ partners reserve the right to refuse service or participation in the tour to anyone who is visibly intoxicated. If your behavior is inappropriate and disrupts other tour guests, you may be asked to leave the tour and return to the starting point at your own expense.
Is Smoking allowed on the Bus?
Unfortunately, no smoking of any kind is allowed on the bus, including vaping and e-cigarettes. Smoking is allowed once off the bus in compliance with Brewery rules. Please observe posted non-smoking signs at brewers facilities!!
What are the Rules?
- Have a valid ID on you. YOU WILL BE CARDED! NO ID = NO BEER! EXCISE RULES, NOT OURNO refunds will be given for no ID’s
- To go containers (growlers, bottles, bombers and bullets) may not be opened and or consumed at the brewery. You can enjoy your beverages on the bus in the passenger area only (behind the white line)
- If a breweries legal capacity will be exceeded by our groups entry, there will be a delay in us getting in (Indiana State law).
- Keep in mind that the craft beer you will be sampling will be 1-1/2 to 3 times higher in alcohol by volume (ABV) than most domestic beers (Miller, Bud, Corona, Pabst, Old Style, etc.)
- If you get sick on the bus, there is a $200.00 clean up fee.
- Please clean up after yourselve. A lot of times, we have another tour or a bus rental after your tour. The next group deserves to get on to a clean bus!
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone! These rules are those of the State of Indiana, the breweries that we visit, and Illiana Brew Bus.
- Have the time of your life, but don’t ruin it for others!
- No beer or alcohol is premitted on the bus other than the beer that was purchased from the breweries on the tour.
- Drink responsibly! Use designated drivers!